Sakonett

Thursday, September 13, 2018

He's Back!

No applause folks, just throw money. Sorry folks, just my feeble attempt at humor.

They say that absence makes the heart go fonder. I'm not so sure about that. What I am sure about is that it is great to be back to writing in my Blog.

While I have been absent from these pages, I have not rolled over and died. Close, but no cigar. My mom used to say that getting old is not for sissies. Boy did she have that right. Seriously, I have to confess that I really got fed up with the local political scene, got back into motorcycling and revived my acting career. Please checkout my latest film work with Jack Black showing now on Netflix. The movie, as you might expect with Jack, is a comedy called "The Polka King,"

Right now I am focused like a laser beam on the crisis in the Catholic Church of which I have been a lifelong member since 1931. I have always had the greatest respect for the church hierarchy, but boy have they really messed up the resolution of the problems with  sex abuse of mostly young boys by priests and yes even Bishops.

I am right in the middle of writing an essay on the subject and hope to post it in the very near future. I had a meeting on the subject with my Pastor this week to discuss the issue, and have sought out input from a well known professor and Canon lawyer.

Stay tuned

2 Comments:

  • Wow! 3 years, 6 months, 3 days. Wonder if there’s any significance in that.

    By Blogger His little lamb, at 6:06 PM  

  • Now to comment on the post about the Roman Catholic Church.

    I have done a little research and seriously considering joining the Orthodox Catholic Church [Eastern Orthodox]. The church of Constantinople that broke off from the Western Roman Church in 1024 AD. They are one of the oldest religious institutions in the world and have a historic claim as successors of the Apostles.

    Their hierarchy and structure is quite a bit different than the RC Church and although they do have their scandals (mostly financial) they seem to handle them effectively.

    Worth considering. Especially since there’s an Orthodox Catholic Cathedral just a few miles from my home.

    By Blogger His little lamb, at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home